Digambarpur Angikar is a NGO established by a group of dedicated social activist of Sundarban region in 2000 with a view to undertake relief and rehabilitation as well as development initiatives for empowerment of women and children and other vulnerable sections of socio-economically backward communities. Since inception the organization has been involved in the rural development and social action programmes for strengthening education, health, gender equity, water and sanitation and livelihood development in North and South 24 Parganas districts of Sundarban region.
Our vision is to achieve a value oriented sustainable society and based on social orientation, economic growth, local capacity building and empowerment of people for a complete society transformation. Our organization believes in sustainable development programmes with active people’s participation in all the process and programmes of development.
Our mission is to aware the rural people about their health, education, environment and basic rights, assist them to recognize and improve their potentiality through skill development, knowledge sharing and sensitization of all stake holders and guide them to economically and socially sustainable.
To reach out poorest and underprivileged section of society for self reliance;
- To work for ensuring a literate community;
- To stop discriminating factor based on caste, creed, sex, clan and colour;
- To create a strong awareness among the local people to solve their local problems through ensuring local resource mobilization;
- To emphasis on women and child development programmes and women empowerment;
- To empower marginalized communities through economic and social development;
- To provide on going support to the target group of people through efficient and readily available management information system;
- To offer opportunities of personal growth and development with skill enhancement by providing technical and vocational skill.
- Human rights and justice – All of our work is based on respect for the inherent worth and dignity of all people, and the rights that follow from this understanding.
- Transparency and accountability – Digambarpur Angikar provides and expects to access clear, accurate and up-to-date information.
- Sustainability – Digambarpur Angikar is committed to development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Cooperation and partnership – We respect the wishes and requirements of our members and networks – and the communities they serve – and we endeavour to create a shared voice, working together in a manner that enables us to achieve our shared goals and live our shared values.
- Peace – Digambarpur Angikar recognises that peace is about more than the absence of conflict. Digambarpur Angikar strives for concord, harmony and tranquillity – a balance of power.
- Equity – Digambarpur Angikar shares it own resources fairly and wants to see that the natural and intellectual wealth of Sundarban region is also distributed fairly, so that everyone is able to gain their share.